ASP views the effective conduct of security operations, especially but not limited to, in areas where governance may be weak and / rule of law may be undermined due to human or naturally caused events. We work closely with legitimate clients and state actors for the implementation of standards necessary to ensure that human rights and fundamental freedoms are adhered to in order to safeguard lives and property and that untoward, illegal and excessive acts are prevented. Our security of operations, quality, health & safety at work, environmental protection are the cornerstone of our philosophy and principles of operation.
We are committed to:
- Continual improvement by regular review of our policies and objectives making changes where necessary based on market trends and the regulatory framework
- Respecting Human Rights
- Avoiding, preventing and reducing the likelihood and consequences of disruptive or undesirable events
- Providing our customers with on time, fault free and reliable services at competitive fees through a safe and healthy working environment as well as preventive and elimination practices that minimize our impact to the Health and Safety of all our Stakeholders and the Environment. To achieve this objective, we have set up an effective IMS as per the:
- Montreux Document on Pertinent International Legal Obligations and Good Practices for States related to Operations of Private Military and Security Companies during Armed Conflict (09/2008)
- International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers (ICoC) (10 Dec 2021)
- Requirements of:
- ISO 18788:2015
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015 and
- ISO 45001:2018
The key business processes, procedures and practices outlined in our IMS are there to facilitate the fulfillment of our policy and achievement of objectives and to facilitate continual staff understanding of meeting customer, statutory and regulatory requirements. This is to provide confidence to our customers and therefore the implementation of Operating Policy is mandatory for all our employees.
The objectives of our organisation are to:
- Understand and adhere to our clients and other stakeholder legitimate requirements through dialogue
- Consistently comply with the local legislation for Security and Human Rights
- Respect Human Rights with a zero-tolerance policy
- Consistently provide an outstanding service to our clients always in compliance with legal, ethical, contractual, risk management and other requirements
- Improve our management system performance and reduce non-conformance on a continual basis with emphasis on using proportionate, authorised and minimally necessary force
- Never lose business through poor service or poor communication
- Be a commercially strong organisation
- Build and maintain an excellent image in the market through the development of an excellent team of staff, associates and subcontractors
Through this set of objectives, we ensure that our “Operating Standard” is exactly what the market requires. Our Objectives are reviewed regularly to ensure that they are valid and achieved.
The Directors, Management and staff of ASP are fully committed to the requirements of our IMS. Each member of the team is responsible for achieving the required level of quality in their particular activity.
This operating policy is reviewed periodically and is available to all interested parties.